Jodie's Potato Salad

Potato salad and me have not been great friends throughout the years. I would eat it at parties as a child because it was there and looked good, but I don't think it was something my mother ever made. Therefore, the idea of making it was an enigma. I just bought it at the store because I thought that's what you do. I realized quickly that store-bought potato salad was not worth the money, whatever the cost. When I got married, my sister-in-law introduced me to her potato salad. You guys, it is delicious! 

My sister-in-law makes the best potato salad I've ever had, so I finally decided to ask her for the recipe to make some for myself. I used Yukon gold potatoes and green onions fresh from my backyard garden. I also used eggs from my chickens and bacon from the pigs we raised this year. Needless to say, a ton of the deliciousness of this particular bowl of potato salad came from the efforts of hard work.  


Jodie's Potato Salad
7 Potatoes
7 Boiled Eggs
1 lb Bacon
1 jar of Clausen Pickle Spears
1 bunch of Green Onions
1/2 C Mayo
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper

1. Boil potatoes whole until fork-tender. Don't overcook, as this will make the potatoes mashed. The time depends on the size of your potatoes. Bigger potatoes will take 30 minutes, smaller potatoes, as little as 15 minutes.
2. Cool potatoes, then peel and dice to bite-sized pieces.
3. Peel boiled eggs and chop to the size of the potatoes.
4. Cook Bacon until crispy, then dice. I usually bake bacon in the oven at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
5. Dice the entire jar of pickle spears and the green onions.
6. In a large bowl, mix together mayo, 1 C of pickle juice, garlic salt, and pepper.
7. Add diced potatoes, eggs, bacon, pickles, and green onions. Mix well, being careful not to break apart the eggs too much.


Comments

Popular Posts